Just like the Lava Tri Top, Zone3 tried to make the unisex Zone3 Lava Triathlon Short as comfortable and as high performance as possible.
They decided on the fabric as it was clearly the best performing out of the 15 fabrics which were tested. It is an extremely soft fabric which offers optimum compression to the core leg muscles as well as having a Teflon coating, which allows it to help reduce drag resistance throughout the race. Key features include:
- A 360 degree waist band for comfort and support around the waist and no drawstring cord to prevent chafing.
- ‘Iron Performance’ pad designed by Cytech, one of the World’s leading pad manufacturers in Italy. Probably one of the most important aspects of racing this distance is being comfortable on the saddle. The innovative perforated pad lamination delivers supreme breathability and quick drying capabilities. The high density foam gives more padding and protection when cycling and the central channeling in the perinea area is designed to offset pressure points. The high level of elasticity in the pad also maximizes freedom of movement when swimming and running.
- A design that sits slightly higher on the waist then a normal Tri Short to ensure coverage on the back whilst in the time trial position.
- Soft UFO leg grippers which add a gentle amount of grip to stops the shorts riding up.
- Zipped pocket on the back for additional nutritional storage – perfect to have something on you during the swim or on the way to T1.
The Zone3 Lava Triathlon Short (and Lava Triathlon Top) has taken a lot of research and development to get them to where they are today. Racing this distance is no easy task so it’s Zone3’s hope that these shorts will at least keep you in the best condition possible.