By integrating the bar-end shifter boss into Zipp’s chicane aerobar extension, we've created something that weighs less and improves ergonomics at the same time.
This full-carbon, aero extension saves up to 80g by eliminating the need for the expansion bolts required to install standard bar end shifters. As a result, there's No need for a straight section at the end of the extension, which allows the VukaShift to move the shift levers 30mm closer to your hands and easing strain on your wrists.
At around 60g each, the VukaShift is simply a better system than what came before. SRAM and Shimano versions available.
Guidelines For Cutting The Extensions
- The extensions are marked on the underside in 1cm increments with half centimeter increments shown with smaller lines. A minimum of 3cm of extension must be inserted into the VukaBullet body to avoid damaging the extensions. This means that a minimum of 6 marks (3 large and 3 small) must be inserted into the bar after the bars are cut to length.
- If more than 4cm of extension need to be removed, we recommend removing in 2-3cm increments to avoid overcutting of the extensions.
- The extension should be wrapped in masking tape at the point where it will be cut and cut with a composite or FRP specific hacksaw blade. The masking tape will help ensure that the cut is clean and No jagged fibers lift off of the part.
Warning – do NOT cut anything from the front end of these Shifters.
- Length – max 337mm, min 247mm
- Diameter – 22.0mm (.05mm - .15mm)
- Rise from horizontal – 41mm
- Weights – Sram (114 grams -- +/- 4 grams), Shimano (125 grams -- +/- 6 grams)