The Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Bicycle Brake Pads are the result of Zipp’s endless drive to improve and optimize everything they make. Their redesigned pad – created especially for braking on carbon surfaces – delivers smooth speed control and reliable stopping power in all conditions, wet or dry. It also is designed for a longer wear life. Just like a champion cyclist, this pad is a versatile performer.
The new Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pad does all this in several specific ways:
- A 10 percent increase in surface area than the previous pad model for greater max braking power.
- A 1 mm thinner design provides improved clearance with integrated brakes.
- Despite a reduced thickness, its increased radial height increases pad life.
- Increased radial height also spreads heat over larger “swept area” of the rim for lower peak temperatures.
- New groove design sweeps water off rim for improved wet-weather braking performance and also channels air over rim to improve cooling.
- Uniquely formulated compound manages the extreme temperatures that can result from heavy braking on carbon.
The Tangente Platinum Pro Evo has been designed to provide that same predictable ride provided by Zipp’s Tangente High Performance Cork Brake Pads, during the many lighter brake touches required to navigate turns or group rides.
The Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pad is designed for use on carbon rims and has not been approved for use on aluminum braking surfaces. It comes in two models, one for SRAM®, Shimano® brake-pad holders and another for Campagnolo® holders.