SUPER IS NOW EVEN BETTER
Game changer. Barrier breaker. The Zipp Super-9 Disc Carbon Clincher Rear Bicycle Wheel is the fastest wheel ever, with the performance and convenience of Zipp’s Carbon Clincher technology. The Super-9 Carbon Clincher optimizes supreme aerodynamics, power transfer, stiffness, lightweight and durability -- all with the convenience and low rolling resistance of a clincher. The Super-9 Carbon Clincher, which weighs 1,175 g, is an ideal triathlon or time trial setup when paired with the 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher or 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher.
- Carbon Clincher – The non-parallel brake track helps to smooth the airflow transition from the tire onto the disc’s surface. It’s a key piece of the aerodynamics puzzle. The Carbon Clincher brake track combined with the Super-9’s wide profile, which runs virtually the same width from rim to hub, create an ultra aero wheel. Zipp’s exclusive resin effectively tolerates the incredible spikes in heat caused by braking to provide reliability and stopping power.
- ABLC™ - Advanced Boundary Layer Control (ABLC) refers to the patented and instantly recognizable dimpled pattern found on all of Zipp’s carbon rims. ABLC smoothes airflow across the rim's surface and is tailored to every model. The third-generation of ABLC has up to four times more dimples than before.
- 188 Rear Disc Hub - Every aspect the 188 hub sets a new benchmark. The standard steel bearings are the roundest in the industry. The 17mm axle is the stiffest of any road hub tested. The wire EDM-cut hub internals are the most precise. When it comes to precision and performance, there's really no comparison.
- Wire EDM - Electron Discharge Machining allows Zipp to cut the materials for their rear hub drive internals after they’ve been hardened through heat treating, negating the warping and imprecision caused by the heat-treating process.
- Steel Bearings - Zipp ball bearings are specified to 10 millionths of an inch tolerance, guaranteeing that they are at least 2.5 times rounder and better matched than most company’s “high precision” balls, and more than five times tighter than most “precision” balls. The result? A superior level of bearing smoothness and long life.
- Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pads
- Color: Matte White Decals
- Compatibility: 11-speed
- Max Recommended Rider Weight: 275 lbs
- Wheel Weight: 1175 g
- Hub Used: 188 Disc Hub
- Brake Track Width (center): 26.46 mm
- Max Width: 27.5 mm
- Clincher Bead Width: 17.25 mm
- Max Tire Pressure: 125 psi / 8.62 bars
- Track Adaptable: Yes
- Dimpled Surface: Yes
- Ceramic Bearing: After-market
Note: This wheel is not tubeless compatible.