When Zip introduced the 900 they changed expectations for disc wheels. They demonstrated that they didn't have to weigh as much as a small dog while offering the stiffness necessary to perform under the world's greatest cyclists. At just 935 g with a cassette hub, the 900 is light enough for the hilliest triathlon or time trial courses.
The Zipp® 900 Tubular Black Rear Bicycle Wheel remains one of the lightest, stiffest disc wheels in the world and was still more than fast enough to help American cycling legend Kristin Armstrong to time trial victories galore.
Zipp was founded 20 years ago to produce carbon fiber discs that were lighter and faster than anything else available at the time. Today, the 900 still reflects that commitment to giving you the perfect tool for whatever situation you find yourself in.
- ABLC™ (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control) - Advanced Boundary Layer Control (ABLC) refers to the patented and instantly recognizable dimpled pattern found on all of our carbon rims. ABLC smoothes airflow across the rim's surface and is tailored to every model from the 202 to the Super-9 Disc. The third-generation of ABLC has up to four times more dimples than before.
- VCLC™ (Visco-Elastic Constrained Layer Control) - Visco-Elastic Constrained Layer Control (VCLC) uses a vibration-absorbing material sandwiched between layers of rigid carbon laminate in the rim. When the wheel receives an impact from the road, much of the shock is absorbed by the VCLC system, delivering a 10% reduction in vibration.
- Carbon Bridge™ - Carbon Bridge uses a Kevlar® thread in a co-axial helix stitch to bind sheets of carbon to each other in Zipp's tubular rims.. Because Kevlar is 350% more impact resistant than carbon, it can disperse shock more evenly throughout the carbon laminate, making for a rim that is practically bulletproof. In particular, Carbon Bridge reduces the vulnerability of the rim's tire bed, the area most susceptible to damage from impact.
- This disc may also be adapted for track use.
- Max recommended rider weight - 275lbs
- Brake Track Width (center) - 20.32mm
- Max Width - 21mm
- 11-speed compatible hub - Yes
- Track Adaptable - Yes
- Dimpled Surface - Yes
- Ceramic Bearing - Aftermarket
- Weight - 935 g