ALL AROUND ADVANCEMENT
If you had to choose just one wheel, the Zipp 404 Firecrest Tubular Bicycle Wheel should be your choice. With the depth and shape proven in all conditions, it's the all-around performer and the standard by which all other wheels are measured. The 58mm rim profile is a classic in Zipp's arsenal that dates back to the early 1990s. These days, the 404 Firecrest Tubular is still winning races from Grand Tour stages to ITU triathlons and Kona.
Precision-engineered hubs along with Firecrest technology create something special. The Zipp 404 Firecrest Tubular weighs 1,505 grams per wheelset, providing best-in-class performance at a light weight, making it perfect for hilly courses as well.
- Firecrest - Firecrest more aerodynamic than any other rim design and it improves handling in crosswinds and overall ride quality.
- ABLC™ (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control) - The patented and instantly recognizable dimpled pattern found on all Zipp carbon rims. ABLC smoothes airflow across the rim's surface and is tailored to every model. The third-generation of ABLC has up to four times more dimples than before.
- VCLC™ (Visco-Elastic Constrained Layer Control) - Vibration-absorbing material sandwiched between layers of rigid carbon laminate in the rim. When the wheel receives an impact from the road, much of the shock is absorbed by the VCLC system, delivering a 10% reduction in vibration.
- Carbon Bridge™ - Carbon Bridge uses a Kevlar® thread in a co-axial helix stitch to bind sheets of carbon to each other in Zip's tubular rims. Because Kevlar is 350% more impact resistant than carbon, it can disperse shock more evenly throughout the carbon laminate, making for a rim that is practically bulletproof. In particular, Carbon Bridge reduces the vulnerability of the rim's tire bed, the area most susceptible to damage from impact.
- Includes Zipp's 177 hub, built with best-in-class durability and improved bearing protection with no pre-load adjustment needed. The result is improved stiffness, durability, simplicity and versatility
- Stealthy Matte Black decal option
- Comes with Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads, Zipp Integrated Valve Extender with valve-core wrench, and quick release.
- Weight - 840g
- Hub Used - 177
- Rim Depth - 58mm
- Brake Track Width (center) - 25.34mm
- Max Width - 26.53mm
- Spokes - Sapim® CX-Sprint
- Spoke Count - 24
- Spoke Length Non-Drive - 260mm
- Spoke Pattern Non-Drive - 2 cross
- Spoke Pattern Drive - 2 cross
- Spoke Length Drive - 258mm
- Max Tire Pressure - 125psi
- Max Tire Pressure - 8.62bars
- 11-speed compatible hub - Yes
- Track Adaptable - No
- Dimpled Surface - Yes
- Nipples - Sapim® Secure Lock
- External Nipples - Yes
- Max recommended rider weight - 250lbs