In 1999, SIDI revolutionized mountain bike shoe design with the Sole Replacement System® (SRS®), allowing mountain bikers to replace the most wear-heavy part of the shoe—the sole. SIDI’s global patent on the SRS® sole means SIDI is the exclusive producer of MTB shoes with replaceable tread.
- The SIDI SRS® sole allows SIDI to maximize both traction and durability. Since the tread is replaceable, SIDI can use an aggressive, softer durometer in the tread for increased traction in slippery conditions.
- The SRS® sole on the Spider models features a more generously sized polyurethane anti-slip insert beneath the instep, which helps during less-than-perfect cyclocross remounts, making it ideal for cyclocross racers.
- Replacement tread blocks for Spiders
- Also fits pre-Carbon Dragon (tread compound is softer than the original Dragon compound)
- May also be used with other earlier (non-Carbon) SRS Soles®