Oakley is the official licensee and eyewear supplier to Team USA and the U.S. Olympic Committee for the London Olympics. Oakley is celebrating that honor with a special collection that carries the colors of pride and patriotism. With each sale of the Oakley Team USA Flak Jacket XLJ Sunglasses, Oakley will provide a portion of the proceeds directly to the U.S. Olympic Committee, which is a non-profit organization tasked with raising money to support the U.S. Olympic and U.S. Paralympics teams.
A dual-lens design, the Flak Jacket offers some of Oakley’s finest technologies in visual performance and protection, not to mention supreme comfort. Oakley engineered this sunglass to be an interchangeable lens design so athletes can swap-out the optics when conditions change. All lenses are made with Oakley Hydrophobic / Oleophobic coating for smudge-resistant clarity that repels water. Semi rimless architecture means there is no frame rim to block downward vision, so athletes have an unobstructed view.
The unbeatable technologies of High Definition Optics come standard. They include Oakley’s patented XYZ Optics, one secret behind the company’s ability to create lenses with clarity that extends across the entire contour. With ordinary sunglasses, true clarity is limited to a relatively small area directly in front of the eyes. Olympic athletes can’t afford that degree of restricted vision. That’s why they insist on Oakley eyewear.
A comfortably secure fit is critical in sport competition, especially when Olympic medals are at stake. Two sizes of nose pads are included with every Flak Jacket frame to let athletes adjust the fit. Soft Oakley Unobtainium makes the fit secure and increases grip with perspiration.
The Flak Jacket takes full advantage of O Matter frame material to stay comfortably flexible. The lightweight synthetic was developed for superior durability and protection, so it is no surprise that Flak Jacket meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for impact resistance.
- Interchangeable lens design to keep up with changing light conditions
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
- Smudge-resistant clarity of Oakley Hydrophobic / Oleophobic technology
- Semi-rimless lens architecture, so nothing to block downward view
- Comfort & performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Unbeatable clarity and visual fidelity with patented innovations of High Definition Optics
- Optical precision and performance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards
- Impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards for high mass and high velocity
- Protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out 100% of UVA, UVB and UVC
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter frame
- Unobtainium components that increase grip with perspiration
- Secure, customizable fit with interchangeable nose pads
Oakley products can only be shipped within the fifty states of the United States. No Oakley products will be shipped outside of the United States. If an order is executed that has Oakley items on the order by a buyer located outside of the United States, the Oakley items will be removed from the order after it is received by Trivillage.com.