With his brother Jesse acting as his creative director, snowboarding superstar Shaun White worked closely with Oakley during the creation of Oakley Polarized HOLBROOK Sunglasses. Together they went back to vintage styles like the original Oakley FROGSKINS® then set out to distill their own vision of American cool. HOLBROOK is a timeless classic that echoes the screen heroes from the 1940s, 50s and 60s, the icons who inspired youth with their own brand of defiance. Who was the legend? He was sometimes a loner and sometimes a leader, an everyman who lived by a code, stood up for what was right and did what needed to be done. You wouldn’t call him a man’s man because that macho crap meant nothing to him. What you saw was what you got, including dust from the open road and a look that said he might be gone tomorrow because nothing could hold him.
The name “HOLBROOK” came from a similar inspiration. HOLBROOK is a small town found along historic Route 66 in Arizona that sits on the outskirts of the painted desert and the petrified forest. It’s a classic western badland that epitomizes a spirit of exploration and adventure found in those traveling along Highway 66 in the 50’s and 60’s.
Metal bolts and icons highlight the stress-resistant O MATTER® frame, a comfortably lightweight design with pure PLUTONITE® lenses that filter out every ray of UV. Optical precision and impact resistance meet ANSI Z87.1 standards to give you superior clarity and protection. Multiple lens/frame combinations are available. Choose one with Oakley HDPolarized lenses for filtering that cuts more than 99% of reflected glare. The versions that come with IRIDIUM® lens coating reduce even more glare while balancing light transmission.
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O MATTER® frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal bolt accents in front frame
- Metal icon accents
- Oakley HDPolarized -Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet with greater than 99% polarization efficiency
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
- Optical precision, performance and impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards
- UV protection of PLUTONITE® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of IRIDIUM® lens coatings
- Bronze Polarized Lens: Medium to bright light. Excellent all-purpose lens that cuts blinding glare while boosting contrast and depth perception.
- Grey Polarized Lens: Medium to bright light. Excellent all-purpose lens that cuts blinding glare while offering truer color perception.
Oakley products can only be shipped within the fifty states of the United States. No Oakley products will be shipped outside of the United States. If an order is executed that has Oakley items on the order by a buyer located outside of the United States, the Oakley items will be removed from the order after it is received by Trivillage.com.