Oakley Plaintiff™ Sunglasses take the time-honored aviator look to new heights with dimensional stem detailing and the mechanics of titanium MONO SHOCK™ hinges. The engineering was inspired by the leaf springs of performance racing machines and it allows the stems to hyper flex when necessary. That means this aviator can handle life’s turbulence, so it’s more than just a new take on a classic look.
Aviators from the old days had flat lenses, so performance fell flat and style was two-dimensional. Oakley PLAINTIFF has 8.75 base curvatures, which means the lenses are contoured for a better look and better seeing. HIGH DEFINITIONOPTICS® (HDO®) makes it possible with innovations like XYZ OPTICS® that extend visual clarity all the way to the periphery. Lightweight C-5™ alloy takes comfort and durability sky high with unique frame architecture. Oakley’s Three-Point Fit does away with hooked stems, and ensures that PLAINTIFF makes contact only at the bridge of the nose and the temples, and the O-MATTER stem sleeves ensure a secure fit.
Now that you’ve found the perfect look, it’s time to choose the ultimate vision. Options include Oakley HD Polarized lenses that block 99% of glare, as well as IRIDIUM® lens coating that further reduce glare while balancing light transmission.
- Oakley HD Polarized –Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet (optional)
- Optimized peripheral view and side coverage of 8.75 Base lens geometry
- Optical precision and performance that meets all ANSI Z80.3 standards
- UV protection of PLUTONITE® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of IRIDIUM® lens coatings (optional)
- Ultra-lightweight hi-modulus C-5™ metal frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Custom engineered titanium MONO SHOCK™ hinge
Oakley products can only be shipped within the fifty states of the United States. No Oakley products will be shipped outside of the United States. If an order is executed that has Oakley items on the order by a buyer located outside of the United States, the Oakley items will be removed from the order after it is received by Trivillage.com.