Mention the sport of golf around Oakley’s corporate headquarters and people will stare out the window with wide-eyed grins and a slight drool here and there, and then they’ll disappear for the rest of the afternoon. It was more than a decade ago when Oakley began developing the ultimate golf lens, an innovation called G30™ that blew away everybody’s idea of what you could do with a little white ball. Now that Oakley has created the Flak Jacket frame with the most advanced technologies in performance eyewear, it was only a matter of time before the two inventions found each other and got greedy for the smell of fresh-cut grass in the Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ Golf Specific Sunglasses. Pro golfers have trusted their vision to Oakley for years. One reason is the unbeatable clarity of HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS® (HDO®) but that was only Oakley’s starting point for this golf optimized edition of Flak Jacket Sunglasses. Its G30™ lenses actually enhance your depth perception by boosting visual contrast, and they’re designed for environments where ordinary sunglasses just don’t work: overcast skies and shadowed holes, all the way up to medium-bright conditions. Wearing shades in flat, dull light seems counterintuitive — until you try G30™ lenses and see the difference. The Flak Jacket frame has an interchangeable lens design, so when the sun finally torches the fairway, you can change your optics as easily as you change your club. The lenses feature a permanent HYDROPHOBIC™ coating that repels water, oils and dust. When it comes to optical clarity and impact protection, they meet all ANSI Z87.1 standards, and they even filter out 100% of all UV. The frame matches comfortably lightweight O MATTER® with soft UNOBTAINIUM® components that increase grip with perspiration, and Oakley includes two sizes of nosepiece components for a custom fit. Put it all together and what you have is essential equipment for serious golfers. This golf optimized edition of FLAK JACKET is available in two lens shape options: standard lens size or the larger XLJ shape with extended coverage. If you decide to add optional lenses later, remember that both lens sizes fit the frame, and all FLAK JACKET lens sets are interchangeable.
- Interchangeable lenses to optimize performance in any environment
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
- Comes standard with Oakley Hydrophobic/Oleophobic anti-smudge lens coating on all lens options
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
- Optical precision and performance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards
- Impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400 nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium® lens coating
- Multiple interchangeable Unobtainium® nose pad options for customizable and comfortable secure fit
- Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault included with capacity for extra lenses
Oakley products can only be shipped within the fifty states of the United States. No Oakley products will be shipped outside of the United States. If an order is executed that has Oakley items on the order by a buyer located outside of the United States, the Oakley items will be removed from the order after it is received by Trivillage.com.