With its dual-compound tread pattern, the Maxxis Detonator Clincher Tire provides a durable training tire with a race pedigree. Softer silica compound on the outer edges of the tire allows for great traction in a variety of road conditions. The Detonator is durable enough to provide plenty of winter miles, yet supple and grippy enough to race on in the summer.
- Silkworm - Silkworm Technology is an exclusive material incorporated into the casing of select models. The Silkworm material helps to increase puncture and tear resistance. Silkworm is featured as a bead-to-bead cap ply (denoted as Silkworm B2B) or under the tread as a breaker (denoted as Silkworm).
- Dual Compound Technology - Two pieces of casing are used from bead to bead which provides additional protection in Downhill applications.
- M-shaped grooved tread pattern
- Training tire
- ETRTO – 23-622 (700x23), 25-622 (700x25)
- TPI – 60
- Compound – Dual
- Max PSI - 120
- Weight – 235g (700x23), 245g (700x25)