Optimal contact surface area for maximum power
Excellent mud evacuation
Most Stable Platform Available
Easy Entry and Release
Design allows excellent
and durability: double sealed, injected polymide body, steel axle.
Better stability and
pedaling efficiency with all brands of shoes.
2009 EVOLUTION – ENTRY /
- The new QUARTZ MTB pedals are equipped with an all new retention spring that
allows firmer cleat entry-release. The technical concept is the same proven
system as the 2008 pedals but the retention spring material has been improved.
It's lightweight, simple and an excellent performer. Quartz MTB pedals are known
to be one of the best pedals on the market for cleat support, mud evacuation,
lightness, and longevity. The new QUARTZ MTB pedal delivers better cleat
engagement and support in the most demanding marathon and CX conditions.
- The simplicity and design of this pedal with its open area between the pedal
body and retention spring allows excellent mud evacuation in the worst climatic
conditions. Spaced out axis line
LARGE SUPPORT AREA
- The large support area between the shoe cleats and the platform on the shoe
make the QUARTZ a stable and efficient performer.
Adjusting washers of .5mm, 1mm and 2mm are delivered with the pedals to assure
optimum contact with different shoe models. Large pressing area (380mm2) and
pressing width (58.4mm)
WEIGHT: 140 G
- Slightly heavier that the QUARTZ Carbon, the QUARTZ attains a very respectable
weight for a product under 60 euros. It's close to the lightest pedal on the
market in this price range.
- Polyamide body with fiberglass embedded into the body lessens weight compared
and is more resistant to wear than an aluminum bodied pedal.
AXLE SYSTEM 2
BEARINGS / STEEL AXLE - The QUARTZ Carbon Mountain Bike Pedal is equipped
with a light oversized steel axle. 2 micro cartridge bearings and one needle
- Reinforced seals protect the bearings in extreme use. The cartridge bearings
have seals on the exterior of the cartridge.
- TI axles save weight without compromising strength. Look axles are approved
after a rotational test of a million eccentric (which creates a shock during
each revolution) cycles at 100 rpm with 90kg loaded on the center of the axle.
This is well beyond the required EN14781 test of 100,000 cycles at a 65kg load.
- MTB leisure to competition
- Polyamide with fiberglass fibers injected
- 9/16 X 20 mm
- 1 Cartridge Bearing, 1 Needle Bearing
- 1 Lip Seal + 1 Bearing Seal
- Axle / Sole 12,5 mm (cleat support)
- Pedal Axle / Crankarm 53 mm
- ± 3°
- ± 1,5mm
- 140 g (318 g per pair with cleats and mounting bolts)
- Red, Graphite or White
- Sold with 1 pair of 15° cleats, assorted fitting spacers and 4 bolts
- 2 year