A huge benefit of having pro riders on Hed wheels is the input they give to make them better. After suggestions from Hed pro teams for a deeper and stiffer wheel for road racing, Hed came up with the Stinger 7. This is the deepest wheel Hed recommends for road racing.
The Hed Stinger 7 Flamme Rouge Carbon Tubular Rear Bicycle Wheel is ideal for the sprinter…super stiff! The sidewalls are reinforced to provide that stiffness without compromising the overall weight of the wheel. The reinforced side walls help eliminate flex in a corner or when you are going all out towards the line.
Triathletes will also benefit for the deeper more aero faring. The 7's will provide increased aerodynamics but not compromise handling at all. The deeper section will help on the long stretches of roads triathletes face but not move when faced with a crosswind.
Like all the Stingers the 7's are tuned with SCT Technology. Meaning Hed made the wheels deeper and faster but tuned them to be rock solid in cross winds.
- CycleOps PowerTap G3: Introducing the new PowerTap G3; The lightest power meter in the world
- World's lightest power meter
- Hub weighs a mere 325 grams
- Wider flanges for a stiffer overall wheel
- Smaller overall hub profile
- New field-serviceable electronics
- ANT+ compatible for use with CycleOps Joule or your favorite computer
- C2 platform tubular rim
- 24 rear silver bladed spokes
- Sapim CX-Ray bladed spokes
- Carbon FR Sonic hub
- Rear hub grease port with aluminum port cap
- Titanium Skewer and valve extender included
- Rider weight limit 210lbs
- Weights (g): Rear: 881