What makes a wheel better? Lighter, stiffer, stronger, faster ... any of these are an improvement.
With HED’s new construction technology, the HED Jet Disc Flamme Rouge PowerTap G3C Tubular Rear Bicycle Wheel is all of these. Jet discs are a hybrid wheel, built with spokes for strength and durability. When the substrate wheel is completed, trued, and stress relieved, disc sides are bonded to the hub rim and spokes. With a two part building process, the disc sides can be made lighter and shaped more readily, without losing any strength.
The new disc incorporates a toroidal bulge near the rim and a radius on the large transition leading from the hub to the bulge. These shapes make the Jet Disc not only faster than the Standard disc, they make it faster than any other disc.
- CycleOps PowerTap G3C: Introducing the new PowerTap G3C; The lightest power meter in the world
- World's lightest power meter
- Ceramic bearings by Ceramic Speed
- Hub weighs a mere 315 grams
- Wider flanges for a stiffer overall wheel
- Smaller overall hub profile
- New field-serviceable electronics
- ANT+ compatible for use with CycleOps Joule or your favorite computer
- Light weight 3K carbon aero section
- Skewer, rim tape and valve extender included
- Rider weight limit 190lbs
- Width: 23mm
- Weight: 1210g