The final 1000 meters leading to the finish line - at the Tour there is a red pennant marking the last kilometer. At the Giro, riders hit the Ultimo Kilometro. When the race gets to the Flamme Rouge, nothing is held back. The sprinters trains are at full speed, or the breakaway riders are eying each other tensely, or the climbers are grimacing as they struggle for the valuable seconds that could put them on the top step. The Flamme Rouge marks the point where you give it everything.
It marks the same thing for HED. Flamme Rouge wheels are the ultimate. If it can save weight or save watts, Hed uses it.
The aero section on the Hed Jet 6 Flamme Rouge Clincher Rear Bicycle Wheel is molded from a stiffer and lighter Uni fabric, saving 42 g per rim. Flamme Rouge Sonic hubs are built to the same exacting tolerances as regular Sonics, but reduce weight with a carbon hub shell. Abec5 bearings are used for durability and low rolling resistance. Ti skewers are lighter than stock steel ones. The C2 alloyed rims on FR wheels are lighter, stronger, and stiffer than unalloyed models. For 2012 Jets are tuned with HED's proprietary SCT (Stability Control Technology) - adding improved crosswind handling to their stellar ride and cornering characteristics.
The closing meters of the race are where everything counts; Flamme Rouge wheels are built for one thing only. They are built to win.
- CycleOps PowerTap G3C: Introducing the new PowerTap G3C; The lightest power meter in the world
- World's lightest power meter
- Ceramic bearings by Ceramic Speed
- Hub weighs a mere 315 grams
- Wider flanges for a stiffer overall wheel
- Smaller overall hub profile
- New field-serviceable electronics
- ANT+ compatible for use with CycleOps Joule or your favorite computer
- Light weight unidirectional carbon aero section
- 24 rear silver bladed spokes
- Carbon FR Sonic hub
- Rear hub grease port with aluminum port cap
- Titanium Skewer, Rim Tape and valve extender included
- Rider weight limit 190lbs
- Weights (g): Rear: 936