The final 1000 meters leading to the finish line at the Tour there is a red pennant marking the last kilometer. At the Giro, riders hit the Ultimo Kilometro. When the race gets to the Flamme Rouge, nothing is held back. The sprinters trains are at full speed, or the breakaway riders are eying each other tensely, or the climbers are grimacing as they struggle for the valuable seconds that could put them on the top step. The Flamme Rouge marks the point where you give it everything.
It marks the same thing for HED. Flamme Rouge wheels are the ultimate. If it can save weight or save watts, Hed uses it.
The Hed Ardennes Flamme Rouge Tubular Bicycle Wheelset utilizes Flamme Rouge Sonic hubs that are built to the same exacting tolerances as regular Sonics, but save weight with a carbon hub shell. Ti skewers are lighter than stock steel ones. The C2 alloyed rims on FR wheels are lighter, stronger, and stiffer than unalloyed models.
The closing meters of the race are where everything counts; Flamme Rouge wheels are built for one thing only. They are built to win.
With C2 rims, high quality steel bearings, titanium skewer, new rear wheel lacing pattern, and a new grease port rear hub, the Ardennes FR are the finest low profile wheels Hed has built to date.
- CycleOps PowerTap G3C: Introducing the new PowerTap G3C; The lightest power meter in the world
- World's lightest power meter
- Ceramic bearings by Ceramic Speed
- Hub weighs a mere 315 grams
- Wider flanges for a stiffer overall wheel
- Smaller overall hub profile
- New field-serviceable electronics
- ANT+ compatible for use with CycleOps Joule or your favorite computer
- 18 front and 24 rear Silver bladed spokes
- Sapim CX-Ray bladed spokes
- Carbon FR Sonic hubs
- Rear hub grease port with aluminum port cap
- Titanium Skewer and Rim Tape included
- Rider weight limit 190lbs
- Weights (g): Front: 611 - Rear: 816