To create Roctane Energy Gel, Gu Energy Labs added more of everything that makes GU Energy Gel the category leader and added a few more things for ultra distance and high intensity efforts resulting in the most efficient, high performance gel you can use in training and racing,
What’s in it?
Each packet (serving) contains 100 calories of easy to digest simple and complex carbohydrates, electrolytes, amino acids and caffeine to fuel extreme endeavors:
- Ideal carbohydrate ratio - A Blend of glucose to fructose can help your body use more of the carbohydrates you ingest during training or racing. Research shows that a combination of these two carbohydrates is better than glucose or fructose alone.
- More key electrolytes - Sodium and potassium help to properly maintain hydration
- More Branch Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine) - Shown to serve as a fuel source (when taken with carbohydrates), reduce muscle damage, enhance recovery and delay fatigue – all critical during intense or long efforts
- More Histidine (Amino Acid) - Can promote muscle buffers to prevent accumulation of lactic acid in muscles during exercise
- More Caffeine – Proven to stimulate the central nervous system and reduce pain perception leading to prolonged exercise and delayed fatigue
How is it different from GU Energy Gel?
Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel contains more of the ingredients that matter during long or intense activity while still being based on the proven ratio of simple and complex carbohydrates found in GU Energy Gel.
- 3 times more Branched Chain Amino Acids
- 10 times more Histidine
- 2-3 times more electrolytes
How do I use it?
Roctane Ultra Endurance Gel should be consumed 15 minutes before activity and then every 45 minutes throughout the duration of activity. Hydrate along the way.