THE CZAR OF ALL-MOUNTAIN
All mountain riding demands gear that is versatile, light without sacrificing durability, and comfortable enough to ride 4-5 hours in varying conditions. So Giro developed the Giro Xar MTB Helmet specifically for aggressive trail riding, with features like 17 Wind Tunnel vents with internal airflow channels, the micro-adjustability of Roc Loc 5 and Giro’s patented P.O.V. visor to deflect the sun, rain, brush and branches. If you’re riding bigger, faster and farther than ever, the Xar is a great fit.
- In-Mold Construction – The In-mold construction process permanently fuses a light-yet-durable outer shell with the helmet’s impact-absorbing EPS foam liner, enhancing the strength of both parts, This fusion process reinforces areas around vents and ribs, creating a one-piece ‘exoskeleton’ that allows the helmet to be lighter, more durable, and better ventilated than helmets with shells that are fastened or adhered to the liner.
- Super Fit Engineering – Giro’s proprietary Super Fit sizing system is based on “human scale factors” data and over 20 years of hand-crafting helmets to fit the best bike riders in the world. By creating helmets in 3 sizes to fit snugly and securely while also matching the human body’s form, Giro’s Super Fit sizes comfortably fit up to 98% of the world’s population, yet look (and fit) like they are custom made just for you.
- Roc Loc 5 Fit System – The industry benchmark in comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. In addition to enhancing the fit and comfort of helmets, Roc Loc 5 allows you to easily custom tune the fit tension and the fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand. And it’s almost 40% lighter than comparable systems too, making it the ultimate in skull-hugging luxury.
- X-Static Padding – X-Static padding contains a fiber made with layers of pure silver that is permanently bonded to the surface of the fabric. Silver has 100% natural anti-microbial performance that helps to reduce odor and regulate heat, so your helmet stays fresh and comfortable naturally.
- Roll Cage Reinforcement – Roll Cage is a light-yet-tough web of reinforcement invisibly molded inside a helmet’s EPS foam liner. It helps the helmet to hold together under impact, and provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you’ll never notice…unless you need it.
- P.O.V. Visor – Point of View visors are anchored by a patented internal clutch mechanism that allows 15-degrees of tool-free, on-the-fly vertical adjustment while preventing the visor from rattling and coming loose over rough and technical terrain. They’re also easily removed without tools.
- P.O.V. adjustable visor for 15 degrees vertical adjustment
- Suggested Use: All Mountain, trail riding, Endurace/Marathon XC, Super D
- Construction: In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell with EPS liner
- Fit System: Roc Loc® 5
- Ventilation: 17 Wind Tunnel™ vents with internal channeling