A TAILORED APPROACH TO AERODYNAMICS
When every second counts, sometimes you have to second-guess convention. The foundation of aerodynamics is pure and unyielding; every gram of drag devours time and calories. And as the speed increases, so does the air’s appetite. Instead of simply facing this challenge head-on, the Giro Selector Time Trial Helmet gives you a new edge in the race of truth – the tail. By combining a smooth front profile with either of two different lower tails, the rider can optimize the helmet for best aerodynamics based on their anatomy, riding position and even course conditions. The result is a helmet that works for you, instead of the wind.
- In-Mold Construction - In-mold construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows Giro to sculpt better ventilation systems, so In-mold helmets can be lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- Super Fit Engineering for Bike Helmet - A great helmet is so comfortable that once it’s on, it virtually disappears. Giro’s proprietary three-size Super Fit system is based on “human scale factors” data and over 20 years of crafting helmets for the best bike riders in the world. The result is pure Skull Hugging Luxury™, a helmet that fits 98% of the world’s population, yet looks (and fits) like it was custom made just for you.
- Roc Loc 5 - Giro’s newest retention system packs game-changing technology into a miniscule package. Adjusting fit tension and vertical position has never been easier or more comfortable. Simply twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb.
- X-Static Padding - In addition to being very comfortable, X-Static pads provide anti-microbial properties to help keep your helmet fresher, longer. Machine washable
- Suggested Use: Time Trial, Triathlon
- Construction: EPS liner, Thermoformed SL Roll Cage reinforcement, Polycarbonate shell
- Fit System: Roc Loc® 5 TT
- Ventilation: Vented eye shield aligns with deep internal ventilation channels that allow cool fresh air in, direct it across the rider’s head and then exhaust heated air out.