The Giro Men’s LX Road Cycling Gloves; classically styled, performance-driven gloves inspired by the grit and glory of cycling. The LX combines the craftsmanship, styling and supple feel from road gloves of the past with contemporary performance features like Super Fit™ engineering and Technogel® padding. The result is a pair of gloves that you can count on, mile after mile.
- TechnoGel Padding - Technogel is a proprietary polyurethane material originally designed for medical applications. Giro uses Technogel padding in their premium gloves because of its superior pressure distribution characteristics. When pressed between the glove and handlebar, Technogel molds itself to the hand by deforming along all three axes. Normal padding materials tend to deform only along one axis which causes pressure to accumulate in the direct contact zones. Technogel provides up to 300% better than standard gel, for enhanced comfort and protection from numbness over long periods of time, up to 30% better than standard gel, for protection from shocks and vibrations and does not harden or break down over time, so the glove stays supple and comfortable mile after mile.
- Super Fit - Super fit is a proprietary design process Giro uses to optimize their gloves for comfort and performance. By carefully tailoring the palm, fingers and padding zones to match the shape and size of the hand, Super Fit Engineered gloves significantly reduce bunching and discomfort while enhancing grip, bar feel and the effectiveness of the padding. With as many as five sizes available per model, it adds up to a great pair of gloves that practically disappear when you put them on.
- Pittards Leather Palm - Giro gloves feature Pittards WR100X leather. This premium-quality leather comes from the Cabretta (hairsheep) and is chosen for its thin-but-tough structure. Pittards leathers undergo a special tanning process* that helps the leather to absorb less water and resist sweat better than other leathers and synthetics. Nothing provides the fit, comfort and performance of leather; it is a difference you will feel the moment you try on a pair of Giro gloves.
- Upper - Supple, vented Cabretta leather for incredible comfort with durability
- Palm - Super Fit™ design with three-panel palm for a tailored fit; Pittards® WR100X vented leather enhances grip and breathability, resists moisture
- Padding - 2mm Technogel™ pads distribute pressure more evenly for comfort and durability with less padding
- Highly absorbent microfiber wiping surface
- Sonic-welded pull tab
- Low-profile Velcro closure
*Note that with naturally tanned leather it is normal to see some “dye transfer” to your hands for the first couple of rides. This is harmless and should dissipate quickly after a washing of the gloves.