The 2011 Giro Advantage 2 Time Trial Cycling Helmet is the time trial helmet of choice for great champions like Lance Armstrong, Alberto Contador, Levi Leipheimer, Dave Zabriskie, and David Millar. Wind tunnel testing proves why it is so popular—Advantage 2 represents the pinnacle of aerodynamic performance, fit, and ventilation. Advantage 2 is the ultimate helmet to wear when every thousandth of a second counts, from prestigious prologues at le Tour to ultra distance triathlons.
- In-Mold Construction - In-mold construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows Giro to sculpt better ventilation systems, so In-mold helmets can be lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- Wind Tunnel Ventilation - Giro helmets are developed utilizing their proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. This significant increase in air channeling makes a difference that riders will immediately feel and appreciate.
- Roc Loc 5 - Giro’s newest retention system packs game-changing technology into a miniscule package. Adjusting fit tension and vertical position has never been easier or more comfortable. Simply twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb.
- Suggested Use: Time Trial, Triathlon
- Fit System: Roc Loc 5
- Construction: In-mold - EPS liner, polycarbonate shell
- Ventilation: 5 vents, internal channeling