The star of the peloton!
For the Continental Grand Prix 4000 Clincher Tire, the activated silica compound improves the handling at stability limits and gives great rolling resistance. The anti-tear formula in the rubber compound prevents tread brittleness while increasing mileage performance. Xirallic colors give your machine a look of stylish elegance.
The extra special thing about the GP 4000 is its puncture protection made from Vectran liquid crystal fibers. The patented Vectran Breaker reconciles the conflicting goals of low weight, low rolling resistance and top puncture and cut resistance in a fascinating manner. The Vectran fluid crystals fibers were developed for airbag systems in the automotive and aerospace industries. The material is extremely tear and cut resistant and is also flexible. It retains these properties even under constant stress - as opposed to Aramide.
- BlackChili Compound - higher grip, longer mileage, lower rolling resistance! - It's all about how you mix it! The fastest and safest tires in competition.
- Vectran Breaker - The innovation in puncture protection.- Reinforcing and matrix fibers made of Vectran, are lightweight, extremely durable, have reliable longevity and are five times stronger as steel.
- 3 plies
- Total 330 TPI
- ETRTO – 23-571 (650x23), 20-622 (700x20), 23-622 (700x23), 25-622 (700x25)
- Weight – 200g (650x23), 185g (700x20), 215g (700x23), 240g (700x25)
- Rec. PSI – 110 (650x23, 700x23), 130 (700x20), 95 (700x25)
- Max. PSI – 120 (650x23, 700x23, 700x25), 160 (700x20)