TESTING MAKES PERFECT
The July 2011 issue of Cycling Plus magazine had a head-to-head test of top shorts from 18 different manufactures, and the Castelli Free Aero Race Cycling Bib Short for men was named absolute best. As in racing, results like that come from years of hard work and preparation. This short debuted in 2007 but benefits from years of constant refinement, including 4 years of ProTour testing, as Castelli tries new ways to make it better. The changes for 2012 are only in the Progetto X2 Air chamois and the Giro leg gripper because it’s getting harder and harder to find things to improve.
- Progetto X2 Air Chamois – Maximum technology for supreme comfort. Constructed in two components, each dedicated to a specific purpose that together create the most comfortable seat pad on the planet.
- Famous free bib keeps your chest free to avoid overheating
- No inner leg seam
- Color matched Giro single layer engineered gripper
- 2 rear reflective inserts
- Fabrics provide technical attributes unmatched by others
- Action micro fabric in the saddle contact area provides durability
- Energia micro fabric on the sides and back provides outstanding stretch and excellent r qeturn and,
- Breath micro fabric in front provides enhanced breathability