When you want nothing to come between you and the trail, the Brooks PureGrit 2 Trail Running Shoe for men won't get in your way. Brooks constructed an outsole with an aggressive, multi-directional lug pattern for better grip on the ever-changing surfaces of adventure. Its concave shape delivers better balance by splaying out upon impact and creating more surface area for ground contact. With blazing colors, you'll light the trail on fire - metaphorically.
Just like Brooks core line, they hold PureProject to the industry’s highest wear test and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction and fewer materials, runners should generally expect shoes from the PureProject line to last approximately 250-300 miles.
- Brooks DNA - provides custom cushioning for runners of all types and sizes. Engineered from what's called a non-Newtonian liquid, this midsole technology responds to the amount of force placed on the foot and disperses
- BioMogo - Among Brooks proudest achievements is the creation of the BioMogo midsole, one of the sporting goods industry's most exciting environmental innovations ever. Traditional midsoles made of Ethylene Vinyl Acetate™ (EVA) are one of the least biodegradable shoe components, lasting up to 1,000 years in a landfill. Brooks added a non-toxic, natural additive to the MoGo compound that encourages anaerobic microbes to munch away once the material hits an active, enclosed landfill. A five-year study found that BioMoGo degrades 50 times faster than the standard midsole in anaerobic conditions, and will save 29.9 million pounds of landfill waste in roughly 20 to 25 years. BioMoGo made its debut in the Trance 8 in 2009, and by 2010, was available in most of Brooks men's and women's performance running shoes. BioMoGo technology represents valuable intellectual property resulting from major investment of resources, yet Brooks decided at the outset to treat this advancement as an "open source" innovation.
- Ideal Heel – Brooks’ signature inverted heel promotes a natural foot strike by landing in a more forward position on the foot. This aligns the runner’s center of gravity and encourages optimal energy return.
- Toe Flex – A toe box split allows the big toe to function independently and engage the runner’s natural balance. Flexible materials empower a more efficient push off during the propulsion phase
- Nav Band – This flexible band wraps over the instep to comfortably secure the foot in place. The dynamic stretch provides just the right amount of reinforcement and conforms to individual foot shapes and sizes.
- Anatomical Last – Designed from an anatomical form, the shoe’s shape contours the foot for a glove-like feel and provides support for every part of the foot.
- Category: Trail
- Platform: Anatomical Last
- Construction: Stroebel
- Weight: 10.0 oz