Free your feet and embrace the trail with the Brooks Pure Grit Trail Running
Shoe. Working with ultra marathoner Scott Jurek, Brooks developed a unique
one-piece outsole that has a concave shape. When forces are applied, the piece
splays out to provide a more balanced lay-down. A sleek grip lug pattern and
wide base protect the feet but still allow the runner to get in touch with the
ground. Top it off with an ultralight mesh and conforming foam upper for a fit
that really hugs the foot.
Just like their core line, Brooks holds PureProject to the industry’s highest
wear test and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction
and fewer materials, runners should generally expect shoes from the PureProject
line to last approximately 250-300 miles.
– A toe box split allows the big toe to function independently and engage the
runner’s natural balance. Flexible materials empower a more efficient push off
during the propulsion phase
– This flexible band wraps over the instep to comfortably secure the foot in
place. The dynamic stretch provides just the right amount of reinforcement and
conforms to individual foot shapes and sizes.
– Brooks’ signature inverted heel promotes a natural foot strike by landing in a
more forward position on the foot. This aligns the runner’s center of gravity
and encourages optimal energy return.
– BioMoGo, Brooks’ earth-friendly midsole technology, is blended with Brooks®
patent-pending DNA smart cushioning to create a springy return and custom
comfort. This also reduces the use of energy and amount of waste by removing
– Designed from an anatomical form, the shoe’s shape contours the foot for a
glove-like feel and provides support for every part of the foot.
Tuned Density Midsoles
– Brooks tuned the density in their midsoles to better correspond with gender
and weight categories, delivering a custom balance of cushioning that’s not too
soft or stiff.