Runners are raving about these shoes – and so is Runner's World! The Brooks Pure Connect Running Shoe for men was named "Best Debut" in Runner’s World’s Winter 2012 Shoe Guide in the December issue. The editors said the Pure Connect "strikes a balance between barefoot-inspired minimalism and cushioning-required training. It has a lightweight, barely-there-feel yet is substantive enough to handle long tempo runs."
You'll feel your run from head to big toe with the radically lightweight and flexible Pure Connect. Neutral runners who crave less shoe and more freedom will love the maximum breathability of an open mesh upper built on a slim and nimble underfoot. A split toe groove extends through the forefoot allowing the runner to really engage the foot and get a greater sense of connection to the ground. This is a shoe for those who want as little as possible between them and the road.
Just like their core line, Brooks’ holds PureProject to the industry’s highest wear test and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction and fewer materials, runners should generally expect shoes from the PureProject line to last approximately 250-300 miles.
- Toe Flex – A toe box split allows the big toe to function independently and engage the runner’s natural balance. Flexible materials empower a more efficient push off during the propulsion phase
- Nav Band – This flexible band wraps over the instep to comfortably secure the foot in place. The dynamic stretch provides just the right amount of reinforcement and conforms to individual foot shapes and sizes.
- Ideal Heel – Brooks’ signature inverted heel promotes a natural foot strike by landing in a more forward position on the foot. This aligns the runner’s center of gravity and encourages optimal energy return.
- BioMoGo DNA – BioMoGo, Brooks’ earth-friendly midsole technology, is blended with Brooks® patent-pending DNA smart cushioning to create a springy return and custom comfort. This also reduces the use of energy and amount of waste by removing drop-ins.
- Anatomical Last – Designed from an anatomical form, the shoe’s shape contours the foot for a glove-like feel and provides support for every part of the foot.
- Tuned Density Midsoles – Brooks tuned the density in their midsoles to better correspond with gender and weight categories, delivering a custom balance of cushioning that’s not too soft or stiff.
- Weight – 6.5 oz