Runners are raving about these shoes – and so is Runner's World! The Brooks Pure
Connect Running Shoe for men was named "Best Debut" in Runner’s World’s Winter
2012 Shoe Guide in the December issue. The editors said the PureConnect "strikes
a balance between barefoot-inspired minimalism and cushioning-required training.
It has a lightweight, barely-there-feel yet is substantive enough to handle long
You'll feel your run from head to big toe with the radically lightweight and
flexible PureConnect. Neutral runners who crave less shoe and more freedom will
love the maximum breathability of an open mesh upper built on a slim and nimble
underfoot. A split toe groove extends through the forefoot allowing the runner
to really engage the foot and get a greater sense of connection to the ground.
This is a shoe for those who want as little as possible between them and the
Just like their core line, Brooks’ holds PureProject to the industry’s highest
weartest and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction and
fewer materials, runners should generally expect shoes from the PureProject line
to last approximately 250-300 miles.
– A toe box split allows the big toe to function independently and engage the
runner’s natural balance. Flexible materials empower a more efficient push off
during the propulsion phase
– This flexible band wraps over the instep to comfortably secure the foot in
place. The dynamic stretch provides just the right amount of reinforcement and
conforms to individual foot shapes and sizes.
– Brooks’ signature inverted heel promotes a natural foot strike by landing in a
more forward position on the foot. This aligns the runner’s center of gravity
and encourages optimal energy return.
– BioMoGo, Brooks’ earth-friendly midsole technology, is blended with Brooks®
patent-pending DNA smart cushioning to create a springy return and custom
comfort. This also reduces the use of energy and amount of waste by removing
– Designed from an anatomical form, the shoe’s shape contours the foot for a
glove-like feel and provides support for every part of the foot.
Tuned Density Midsoles
– Brooks tuned the density in their midsoles to better correspond with gender
and weight categories, delivering a custom balance of cushioning that’s not too
soft or stiff.
– 7.2 oz