Brooks Defyance 5 Running Shoe continues to deliver the incomparable fit and
feel of the Adrenaline GTS to the Neutral runner. Now with patent-pending
anatomical Brooks- DNA, runners of all sizes and strides can experience custom
comfort. To sweeten the ride even more, Brooks added an asymmetric arch saddle
and adjustable eye row for a wrap-your-foot feel, and an improved caterpillar
crash pad for optimal transitions.
– Brooks DNA is a groundbreaking cushioning material that provides a customized
ride for runners of all sizes and speeds. Working with BioMoGo, Brooks DNA
responds to your every step, dispersing impact and providing ideal comfort and
protection as the pace changes.
– Brooks took the long-lasting cushioning of their MoGo midsole and made it more
environmentally friendly. A non-toxic, natural additive in the BioMoGo compound
encourages anaerobic microbes to munch away 50 times faster once it hits the
– Shank-like thermoplastic device provides torsional rigidity to midfoot,
enhancing support while allowing the heel and forefoot to act independently.
– A higher durability, abrasion-resistant rubber outsole compound that wears
Engineered Hyper POD
– Midsole and outsole components are engineered to set the foot in an efficient,
balanced position from heel strike to toe-off, offering exceptional flexibility
and unrestricted forefoot ride.
- Upper technology featuring superior microfiber construction to provide weather
protection in a light, supple, quite fabric that doesn't sacrifice
breathablility, durability, or comfort.
- Dynamic viscous fluid units for heel and forefoot enhance midsole
cushioning--attenuating shock with industry-leading dampening and comfort.
- Exclusive midsole compound decreases breakdown by 15% while providing
excellent energy return and cushioning every stride.
Blown Rubber Forefoot
Synthetic Overlay Materials
Internal Support Saddle