In 2012 Blue Seventy further enhanced their flagship wetsuit with subtle pattern refinements and considerable material improvements. This year the Blue Seventy Helix Fullsleeve Triathlon Wetsuit for men was designed to further impress with unparallel flexibility while strategic materials and panels maximize buoyancy throughout the suit.
- TST Panels: Torsional Stretch Technology has been a standout feature of the Helix suits since the first model was released in 2005. The new Helix TST panels are further enhanced with functional design using A-Flex material in a swim specific multidirectional layout.
- Reverse Zipper: The now legendary reverse zipper not only ensures a surer swim, and a quicker suit exit, but reduces the need for a traditionally bulky collar, improving your comfort and making it easier to sight.
- Aqua Seal Cuffs: The A-Flex 4 way stretch fabric in Blue Seventy’s 1mm cuffs wrap around the wrist to seal the arms from water entry, without catching when taking the suit off.
- Aqua Feel Forearms: Another world first; Blue Seventy’s ultra light, diaphanous Aqua Feel forearms are made with a permeable fabric allowing the swimmer to feel the water through the suit. An increased awareness for the position of the arm in the water encourages better technique, greater power and reduces the risk of injury.
- Knee Flex Panels: Blue Seventy’s 2mm textured Knee Flex panels assist with knee flexion by reducing bunching behind the knee and improve functionality when you need to run to T1.
- Single Seam Tube Legs: Blue Seventy’s tube construction in the lower leg, combines A-Flex material with a single seam to maximize the flexibility and promote a quick release from your suit in the transition. Liquid taping on the internal seam reinforce and allows you to cut the leg to your desired height.
- Buoyancy: The Helix tiers buoyancy 5-5-4, centralizing core buoyancy to raise the position of the hips in relation to the rest of the swimmer.
- Chest - Rating 5mm: The Helix uses two lateral chest panels that naturally and anatomically accentuates the lungs, producing the optimal amount of buoyancy for the swimmer in the upper body.
- Torso – Rating 5mm + Aerodome: The torso uses a core panel of Yamamoto aerodome material to deliver a maximal central buoyancy zone in the suit, keeping the hips high and promoting an efficient downhill swimming position.
- Lower Legs – Rating 4mm: Research with top swimmers has shown that Blue Seventy’s 4mm Yamamoto 39 cell neoprene legs deliver the perfect blend of buoyancy without limiting drive from the kick.
- Flexibility: Orange A-Flex inner jersey is laminated to ultra supple 40 cell neoprene to produce an incredibly flexible suit. A-Flex material is used in the world’s first 1mm arms, oversized 1mm arm gussets, 1.5mm TST panels and 2mm back panel resulting in unparalleled freedom of movement.
- V02 Chest Panels: A central panel of 2mm neoprene with Blue Seventy’s A-Flex material maximizes stretch during respiration and improves comfort.
*This is a refurbished item. There is a fingernail tear on the left leg and a fingernail tear on the right leg that has been repaired. Please note that all sales on refurbished items are final and returns cannot be accepted.