Building on the revolutionary OneStep fit system, the Bell Tater Cycling Helmet brings tantrum-free simplicity to fitting kid helmets. Simply put the helmet on, snap the buckle and ride. What could be easier? No ear adjustments to mess with, no worrying about whether it’s too tight or too loose around the head, the OneStep system takes the guess work out and replaces it with a correct fit every time. On the initial fitting, simply snap the buckle closed and make the one-time adjustment of snugging the chin strap to the proper length and that’s it. And if the grab-it-and-go simplicity weren’t enough, kids will love the cuddly graphics and the integrated flashers that add both fun and visibility. Now instead of not wanting to put a helmet on, kids won’t ever want to take them off!
- Full Wrap Fusion In-Mold Microshell – In-molding is the process of bonding the helmet’s Microshell to its EPS foam layer to provide a sturdier, more solid helmet. The EPS foam is shot into the thin Microshell cap when it’s in the mold – thus the name – rather than formed separately and taped on later. This process was pioneered by Bell and is now the industry standard for all high-end helmets. All but some of Bell’s toddler helmets are now made with this construction method.
- OneStep Fit – The OneStep Fit System is simply the fastest and most intuitive way to properly fit a child’s helmet. Just put the helmet on…snap the Pinch-Guard buckle…and off they go with a helmet that’s both properly fitted and properly worn. OneStep always self-adjusts to the correct size, eliminating the yanking, adjusting and fussing often associated with fitting kids’ helmets. And the helmet is not just on the child’s head, it’s on correctly. The only adjustment needed is on the initial fitting – simply snap the buckle closed and make the one-time adjustment of snugging the chin strap to the proper length. That’s it. The helmet will fit properly and securely every time your little rider heads out. OneStep – kid friendly.
- Integrated bug net: The Integrated Bug Net helps prevent insects from getting in the helmet vents while having a minimal effect on airflow.
- Integrated flashers: Bell's OneStep kids and OneStep Plus adult fit systems feature built-in flashing lights for added conspicuity. The lights run on replaceable watch-type batteries (included).
- Pinch Guard Buckle – Bell’s Pinch Guard Buckle is specially designed to prevent kids from pinching their neck when they secure their helmet.
- Vents: 7
- Use: Child/Toddler
- Weight: 11.3oz / 320g
- Certification: CPSC Bicycle; CE EN1078