Long cherished for its fit, ride and stability, the GT-2000™ series just keeps
getting better. Weight reduction combined with a larger Rearfoot GEL® Cushioning
System improves an already stellar ride, and makes the Asics GT-2170™ Running
Shoe the lightest model in its storied history.
- Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for
enhanced gait efficiency.
Space Trusstic System®
- This midfoot stabilizer creates a pocket between the Trusstic System® device
and the midsole, allowing for controlled midsole deformation and more efficient
- Independently placed eyelets disburse lace tension, creating a customized
fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort.
Dual Density Solyte®
- Employs different densities of Solyte® lasting material in heel and forefoot
for improved comfort.
- Acronym for ASICS® High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the
outsole for exceptional durability.
APMA Seal of Acceptance
- Designated shoes have the use of the American Podiatric Medical Association
(APMA) Seal of Acceptance.
- Provides cushioning performance and anti-odor properties for a cooler, drier,
DuoMax® Support System
- A sport-specific dual-density midsole system positioned to enhance support and
- A blown AHAR® rubber compound for enhanced cushioning and durability in the
Impact Guidance System
- ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's
natural gait from heel strike to toe off.
- 2 layers of memory foam line the collar and mold to the athlete's heel,
creating a personalized fit.
Rearfoot and Forefoot
GEL® Cushioning System
- Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in
multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
Solyte® Midsole Material
- A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS' standard EVA and SpEVA®. Also
features enhanced cushioning and durability.