Asics dramatically slashed weight for this technological marvel, without
sacrificing fit or comfort. Now just 11.9 ounces, with a roomy toe-box, lower
midsole, and discrete GEL® Cushioning System in the heel, the Asics GEL-Kinsei 4
Running Shoe is better than ever.
Impact Guidance System
- ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's
natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for
enhanced gait efficiency.
Heel Clutching System™
- Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel
Discrete Heel Unit
- Takes the Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.®) to a new level by creating the
highest degree of shock attenuation and stability.
- Mimics connective tissue in the foot by creating tension as foot enters
- Metallic film that retains heat in cold weather and releases heat in warm
- Acronym for ASICS® High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the
outsole for exceptional durability.
APMA Seal of Acceptance
- Designated shoes have the use of the American Podiatric Medical Association
(APMA) Seal of Acceptance.
- Stretch material strategically placed on the upper helps to reduce buckling
and the potential for irritation.
- Provides cushioning performance and anti-odor properties for a cooler, drier,
- A blown AHAR® rubber compound for enhanced cushioning and durability in the
Forefoot GEL® Cushioning
- Attenuates shock during impact phase.
- 2 layers of memory foam line the collar and mold to the athlete's heel,
creating a personalized fit.
- Contains reflective materials designed to enhance visibility during low-light
Solyte® Midsole Material
- A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS' standard EVA and SpEVA®. Also
features enhanced cushioning and durability.
Rearfoot GEL® Cushioning
- Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to