The 19th version of the Asics GEL-Kayano® series takes a "stop at never"
approach by improving upon its award winning ride, comfort, and fit. Asics'
flagship Structured Cushioning model, the Asics GEL-Kayano® 19 Road Running Shoe
for men, drops over a half ounce in weight, thanks to top-of-the-line features
like Heel Clutching System™ and Dynamic DuoMax®. This legend's upper fit also
receives special attention with strategically placed seamless overlay
construction making the GEL-Kayano® 19 the best in its history.
Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.®)
- Asics® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's
natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
Biomorphic Fit ® Upper
- Stretch material strategically placed on the upper helps to reduce buckling
and the potential for irritation.
- Independently placed eyelets disburse lace tension, creating a customized
fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort.
Heel Clutching System™
- Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel
Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL®
- Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in
multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
DuoMax® Support System
- A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability,
positioned sport specifically.
- Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for
enhanced gait efficiency.
- Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity
of the shoe.
- Acronym for Asics® High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the
outsole for exceptional durability.
APMA Seal of Acceptance
- Designated shoes have the use of the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)
Seal of Acceptance.
- Provides cushioning performance and anti-odor properties for a cooler, drier,
- A blown AHAR® rubber compound for enhanced cushioning and durability in the
P.H.F.® (Personalized Heel Fit)
- 2 layers of memory foam line the collar and mold to the athlete's heel,
creating a personalized fit.
- Contains reflective materials designed to enhance visibility during low-light
Solyte® Midsole Material
- A lighter weight midsole compound than Asics' standard EVA and SpEVA®. Also
features enhanced cushioning and durability.
Space Trusstic System®
- This midfoot stabilizer creates a pocket between the Trusstic System® device
and the midsole, allowing for controlled midsole deformation and more efficient
Weight: 10.9 oz