This cult favorite's racy new design not only cranks up the performance, but
knocks over an ounce off the weight too! The Asics Gel DS Trainer 18 Road
Running Shoe for men features Dynamic DuoMax®, Heel Clutching System™, Seamless
Upper Construction, and Propulsion Trusstic® joining forces to urge mild
underpronators to moderate overpronators to go ahead and pick up the pace.
Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.®)
- Asics® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's
natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
Heel Clutching System™
- Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel
- Mimics connective tissue in the foot by creating tension as foot enters
DuoMax® Support System
- A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability,
positioned sport specifically.
WET GRIP® Outsole
- An outsole made from a special blend of organic and non-organic components,
designed to enhance traction even on wet surfaces.
- Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for
enhanced gait efficiency.
Seamless Upper Construction
- Acronym for Asics® High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the
outsole for exceptional durability.
APMA Seal of Acceptance
- Designated shoes have the use of the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)
Seal of Acceptance.
- Provides cushioning performance and anti-odor properties for a cooler, drier,
Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL®
- Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in
multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Contains reflective materials designed to enhance visibility during low-light
Solyte® Midsole Material
- A lighter weight midsole compound than Asics' standard EVA and SpEVA®. Also
features enhanced cushioning and durability.
- Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity
of the shoe.
Weight: 9.1 oz